Finalize your Summer Vacation Plans to Visit this Off-The-Beaten-Path Country Slovenia

 Although the world has reopened its arms to the new normal, I am still not comfortable traveling to destinations where it tends to get really crowded. After days of searching for places that are under the radar but still exquisite, I concluded my search. I got interested in destinations that are considered off the beaten path and see a fewer number of tourists than popular destinations.

Why Slovenia?

I decided to go with Slovenia. It is located in the heart of Europe and is primarily a landlocked country. Travelers who are into skiing know about Slovenia and its ski resorts. Since I was interested in spending my summers on the shore, I gravitated towards the Western part of Slovenia. This part has a short coastline and a string of gorgeous white sand beaches. The coastline is called Slovenian Riviera.

Sub-Mediterranean Climate

The climate of the Slovenian Riviera resembles a sub-Mediterranean climate and therefore stays pleasant during the summer holidays. It is the perfect getaway to enjoy your summer vacations in peace. Very few people are aware of this Riviera and most people tend to visit its neighbor, Croatia more often. While Croatia is a stunning destination, it is swamped with tourists almost all year. To steal some peace and quiet, I recommend visiting Slovenia.

Popular destinations in Slovenian Riviera

The best way to explore the 48 km of coastline is to hire a Car Rental and drive along the beaches and popular spots. I started my tour with Portoroz Beach. The beach has a lively atmosphere with no shortage of cafes, restaurants, shops, and seaside resorts. It is known as the beach for the rich and famous. Apart from luxury seaside resorts it also has plenty of budget accommodations which may have fewer amenities but do not lack in hospitality. After spending an evening in Portoroz I drove along to see a nearby town.

Izola is a tiny fishing and wine-making town in Slovenia. The town had a medieval romantic vibe to it. The locals looked peaceful as if they are in no hurry to reach anywhere. They are just enjoying their time while they still have it. Izola is located in the southwestern part of the Gulf of Trieste.

I booked a private tour to explore the town with a local. It is always enlightening to experience a place from a local’s point of view. The guide was sweet and spoke conversational English. I had my translate app with me to make the conversation run smoothly. He told me about folktales and myths weaved around historical monuments. I saw myself in awe of the architecture and culture of the town. It was commendable how after suffering losses in the past, the town managed to grow and thrived so beautifully. I asked the guide to accompany me for a hearty lunch at a nearby café. He accepted my offer and took me to a popular café. I enjoyed the meal and our conversation about history and sociology.

I said my goodbyes and made my way to Isola Beach. It was sunset time and the view was spectacular. I enjoyed the view accompanied by cheese and a tall glass of wine.

My experience of Slovenia was life-changing, to say the least. It is always fascinating to me how we are different people, with different identities, ethnicities, and nationalities, yet share the same experiences.

I was apprehensive about taking a trip to Europe after the pandemic and had to reschedule my travel itinerary again and again. Thanks to Southwest Flight Deals service, I was able to manage and make changes smoothly.

Source URL: https://cheapairlines.travel.blog/2021/07/10/finalize-your-summer-vacation-plans-to-visit-this-off-the-beaten-path-country-slovenia/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Incident That I Can’t Forget

The Days in Milan Fashion Week

Journey of my Life